To converse with one another in a way that all parties find meaning; Is it possible? I hope so. This blog is an invitation to anyone who wants to discuss, quietly, with as little heat as possible, the topics of our day. The painting of the wounded bird is my daughter's work. I have always seen the crucifix in that particular work of hers and the intention of this blog is to converse in the shadow the crucifix provides. Like all things truly Christian this is a paradox, for in that particular shadow more light is to be found than anywhere in the universe.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Main things

The main thing, the main things, how easy it is to lose track of them, to chase rabbits, to lose the daily attention to the main thing, the main things.

As Christians we place God at the top of the list, or so we say. I don' think I do that very successfully. Change is necessary. Firm commitment to certain things on a regular basis will need to be renewed.

Right now I am still battling the worst flu/cold/bronchitis attack I have ever encountered. All I want to do is sleep and veg. So the renewal of a firm commitment waits in the wings. Hopefully not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment